up close and hyperpersonal?

[Monik, Yani, Jurise, Angel... I borrowed your title.]

I'm currently being bothered by the idea of actually falling for someone more than 5000 miles away from me. It's never really happened to me before, so it's not as if I know what it is and how it feels like.

I feel like the subject of my own research. I asked my friend if this is what they call in computer-mediated communication as hyperpersonal disclosure. Haha. Nosebleed.

No, really. I've been thinking if I actually feel close to this person simply because I disclose so many things about myself that I shouldn't, or wouldn't in an actual person-to-person setting. But I tend to overshare myself anyway, so that's a factor too.

But I feel attracted to this guy. Should I say who he is?

I feel inspired. It's like I've found a kindred spirit, but better, because I find him attractive.

I have to admit, a lot about his looks and personality would have turned me away at first glance. I'm glad I opened to the idea of talking to him and getting to know him better, and letting him get to know me.

I'm currently tired, as the time zone difference creates a problem of us communicating, and I get too caught up in talking I forget the time. I'm getting jetlagged without leaving my own country.

I like talking to him. I love teasing him. This may be the start of something new.

0 Comments:

Search the Web

Custom Search

From Time.com

Plurk!