soulmates


Fields Of Gold - Sting


I just can't imagine how we can both be soulmates.

I've always been the straight-laced kind, and work has always been the center of my life. I have to be doing something else I don't feel like myself.

But here he comes, he opened my life into something outside of what I could dream of. Before, I couldn't say what films I like to watch or what music I like to listen to. I never gave myself the chance to evolve my tastes in films, in music, in literature.

When he came into my life, I realized I have preferences in interests too. I never had time to watch movies in the theater before, now I give myself a few hours to watch movies over the internet, just for fun. Heck, I don't even watch television shows just for fun anymore!

Fun has always taken a back seat in my life. I didn't give time for it as much as I should. But whenever I tell myself again that I should not have fun this time, I hear him in my head, "go have fun or I'll kick you in the ass!" Frankly it makes me laugh out loud.

My taste in culture has never really evolved to say that I love this or I adore that. Let's just say I am opening myself up to a lot more than the usual now. While I like films, I have never been the movie pundit that can say a lot about films. My music has always been limited to whatever my sis or bro listens to, but I have this preference for smooth or acoustic jazz as these have always been compatible with my mind set on study or work time.

It's not really that Jeremiah and I are compatible. We're both really different, and even if he says we have a lot in common, we still have our differences. I both love and hate what he has done to my life. I hate it that I am doing things which take away time from doing work, but at the same time I love that he has opened me up to doing these things because I feel like I am broadening my horizon.

My dad hammered into me before that I should always prioritize work before fun, and growing up I realize how much I missed, simply because I tried so hard to be just that. I can't blame my dad for raising me that way, but I simply can't live my life the way I have. It hurts to realize that I have missed a lot because I have always wanted to be the kind of person he is. I am more than what my dad wants me to be.

Jeremiah opened me up to see that I have to rethink how my life is going. I can't miss out on so many things that make life a joyride. I can't have too much of it though, I still hope to rub off my own personality on him.

Maybe because we fit together, we fill in each other what the other lacks, we are really incompatible when one thinks deeply about it, we share values but not opinions... These make us soulmates. Distance doesn't even hinder how we feel. Distance is simply how we wrap the world with what we share.

0 Comments:

Search the Web

Custom Search

From Time.com

Plurk!